HOW CAN NAPRELAN® HELP RELIEVE MILD TO MODERATE PAIN?
Dealing with pain can be uncomfortable and frustrating. Whenever pain strikes, you can’t wait to get rid of it. That’s where NAPRELAN® can help. It’s specifically formulated so that 30% of the drug is released right away and the rest (70%) is slowly released throughout the day. Here are some of the benefits of NAPRELAN® in relieving mild to moderate pain:

BEGINS WORKING QUICKLY- in a clinical study, the majority of patients who took Naprelan® began to feel pain relief within 30 minutes.
LASTS ALL DAY- because of how it is formulated, you only have to take Naprelan® once a day. So 1 dose lasts for 24 hours.
BEGINS WORKING QUICKLY- you don't have to take Naprelan® with food. You can take it whenever it's most convenient for you.

NAPRELAN® also offers the Intestinal Protective Drug Absorption System, or IPDAS. This allows the drug to break apart and be absorbed throughout the digestive system. This helps prevent too much of the drug from settling in 1 area of the stomach or intestines. Some people have difficulty taking naproxen sodium due to side effects, so this feature may help them tolerate the medication.

NAPRELAN® has been widely studied in several clinical trials. In addition, NAPRELAN® has been studied in patients for up to 9 months. Be sure to ask your doctor if NAPRELAN® is right for you and your type of pain.


Indications
NAPRELAN® may be used to treat rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, tendinitis, bursitis, and acute gout. It may also be used to relieve mild to moderate pain and the treatment of primary dysmenorrhea (menstrual cramps).
Important Safety Information
NAPRELAN®is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). Like all NSAIDS, it can cause an increased risk of a heart attack or stroke that can lead to death. This risk may occur early in treatment and may increase by taking higher doses or with longer use.

NAPRELAN® should not be taken right before or after a heart surgery called a coronary artery bypass graft (CABG), or after a recent heart attack.

Bleeding, ulcers, and tears of the esophagus, stomach and intestines may occur without warning anytime during use and may cause death. These risks increase in patients taking certain medications, those who smoke or drink alcohol, and the elderly.


Tell your doctor if you have liver or kidney problems, high blood pressure, asthma, pregnant or plan to become pregnant or breastfeeding.

You should not take NAPRELAN® if you have had an asthma attack, hives or other allergic reaction with aspirin or any other NSAIDs.

NAPRELAN®can cause new or worse high blood pressure, heart failure, liver problems including liver failure, kidney problems including kidney failure, and low red blood cells (anemia). NAPRELAN® should not be taken after 29 weeks of pregnancy.

Life threatening allergic reactions, including serious skin reactions can occur with NAPRELAN®.
Other side effects of NSAIDs include stomach pain, constipation, diarrhea, gas, heartburn, nausea, vomiting, and dizziness.

Get emergency help right away if you have shortness of breath or trouble breathing, chest pain, weakness in one part or side of your body, slurred speech, swelling of the face or throat.

NAPRELAN®should be used exactly as prescribed at the lowest dose possible and for the shortest time needed.

These are not all the possible side effects. For more information, ask your doctor or pharmacist.

You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch or call 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also contact Alvogen at 1-866-770-3024.
Click here for full Prescribing Information and Medication Guide

Shionogi Rx Support Program